Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Quilting: Patching Batting

I heard this tip on 'Fons & Porter'  Saturday morning PBS show.

There are times I don't have a big enough piece of batting for my quilt project so I have to add a piece or two. I find that sewing it together is tedious and sometimes does not make a good transition on the front of the project.


Answer: Patch it using iron-on interfacing. All directions on are the package. I use a wool setting and no steam on my iron. Also, I lay a piece of parchment paper over it. It helps keep any adhesive of the iron. 

Sample using scraps
I cut a piece about 6 inches wide and long enough for the project (you can even piece the interfacing). I want at least 3 inches on each side of the pieces that I am connecting. Be sure and put a piece on each side of the batting.

Great tip! Thanks to whomever sent this tip into Fons and Porter.


No comments:

Post a Comment