Thursday, March 17, 2022

CLEANING OUT YOUR FRIDGE

 If you are like me, you hate to throw away leftovers from your meals. I usually put them in a container with a lid. In a few days, weeks, months (?) you are looking for a quick snack or an extra something to add to your meal. Then, you remember those leftover green beans or fruit salad in your refrigerator. Ah, there they are. Hmmm, how long have they been there? My mantra-"When in doubt, throw it out."

How much good food do you throw out because you have no idea how long it has been in the fridge? My answer: I started dating the container. 



I keep some masking tape in a drawer by the fridge.

When I pack up my leftovers, I put a strip of tape* on it and add the date. 


*Extra tip: Turn the end of the masking tape down to make a tab. Then, you have a tab on the container that is easy to pull off when I use the food. Be sure and turn the tape under after you tear off the strip for your container. 

Happy Eating Leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment