Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kitchen Weights and Measures

I was looking through my "tip" file...the one that I have been keeping for years.  That would be the one I kept because I wanted to publish the tips that I had tried and found to be useful. 











I came across a personal telephone directory/date booklet published in 1963.  On the 'E-F/Mar'. tab I found the following table for kitchen weights and measures. 

 I thought it might be of use to someone out in "BlogLand".  Here you go*:

Kitchen Weights and Measures
  60 drops
 1 tsp
  3 tsp
 1 TBS
  2 TBS
 1/8 Cup
  4 TBS
 ¼ Cup
  5 TBS + 1 tsp
 1/3 Cup
  8 TBS
 ½ Cup
  2 Cups
 1 pint
  2 pints
 1 quart
  4 quarts
 1 gallon
  1 pound
16 ounces
  1 TBS
 ½ ounce
  2 TBS butter,
             sugar, salt
 1 ounce
  4 TBS flour
 1 ounce
  1 Cup sugar
 ½ pound
  1 Cup Almonds
 ¼ pound
  1 Cup cornstarch
 ¼ pound
  1 Cup butter
 ½ pound
  1 Cup butter
 2 sticks butter
  2/3 Cups honey
 1 Cup sugar
  1 Cup Crisco +
     6 tsp. Water
 1 Cup butter


* Hi-Lited items--the ones I use the most.



... and I keep a Photo Cube with most used recipes and this chart on my kitchen counter!

1 comment:

  1. The photo cube for recipes is a great idea! I'll have to use that one!

    ReplyDelete