• Kitchen Weights and Measures

    I was looking through my "tip" file...the one that I have been keeping for years.  That would be the one I kept because I wanted to publish the tips that I had tried and found to be useful. 



















    I came across a personal telephone directory/date booklet published in 1963.  On the 'E-F/Mar'. tab I found the following table for kitchen weights and measures. 


     I thought it might be of use to someone out in "BlogLand".  Here you go*:


    Kitchen Weights and Measures
      60 drops
     1 tsp
      3 tsp
     1 TBS
      2 TBS
     1/8 Cup
      4 TBS
     ¼ Cup
      5 TBS + 1 tsp
     1/3 Cup
      8 TBS
     ½ Cup
      2 Cups
     1 pint
      2 pints
     1 quart
      4 quarts
     1 gallon
      1 pound
    16 ounces
      1 TBS
     ½ ounce
      2 TBS butter,
                 sugar, salt
     1 ounce
      4 TBS flour
     1 ounce
      1 Cup sugar
     ½ pound
      1 Cup Almonds
     ¼ pound
      1 Cup cornstarch
     ¼ pound
      1 Cup butter
     ½ pound
      1 Cup butter
     2 sticks butter
      2/3 Cups honey
     1 Cup sugar
      1 Cup Crisco +
         6 tsp. Water
     1 Cup butter


    * Hi-Lited items--the ones I use the most.





    ... and I keep a Photo Cube with most used recipes and this chart on my kitchen counter!

1 comments:

  1. JoyfulJ said...

    The photo cube for recipes is a great idea! I'll have to use that one!

Post a Comment