Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Postcard Souvenirs

From latest trip to Natchez, Mississippi
Many years ago I decided to start sending myself a postcard while I was on a trip instead of bringing home any more dust catchers.  It was a good way to document each trip.


From San Francisco...
Note Golden Gate Bridge
and Small Boat
I want to be ready so I keep postcard stamps in my purse at all times.  They do not cost as much as postage to mail a letter.  I like to mail it at the Post Office in the town we are visiting so I can get their postmark.  Sometimes they are as interesting as the postcard. 




A photo album that I converted
to hold my cards. Sometimes I have to
crop the card to fit.


I am so glad I did.  My Postcard Album has now become a Travel Journal covering many years.  When I want to remember when we made a certain trip, I turn to the Journal.













No comments:

Post a Comment